Are you able to work with a wide range of organisations, groups and the public – to promote the value of community participation and volunteering?
Do you have a passion for digital platforms and social media, as a tool to getting people and groups more connected for mutual benefit?
If so, you could be just the person for the job!
SCVO is seeking a high-calibre, creative individual to join its team; someone who will play a key role in supporting its aims of increasing volunteering activity and resident participation throughout the Sandwell borough.
SCVO is an independent charity that takes a lead role in strategic representation on behalf of the local voluntary and community sector, and provides a range of development support services to sector organisations within the metropolitan borough of Sandwell.
This is a new role within the SCVO team, building on the established foundations of its general capacity development work, with two key components:
- to help community groups and charitable organisations to increase their visibility and welcome, so that more residents know what’s available locally and may benefit from formal and informal volunteering experiences; and
- meeting and engaging with members of the public – to champion the benefits of volunteering and local community participation, and inspire them to take part.
Remuneration: a competitive package that includes:
- Salary: NJC SCP 23 – 26 (New Scale) (£26,999 – £29,636) plus 6% employer contribution stakeholder pension.
- Working hours: 37 hours per week (with flexible, regular out-of-hours working).
- Holidays: 28 days per year, plus bank holidays.
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 11th November 2019. Interviews will take place on Friday 22nd November 2019.
For more information, including ‘how to apply’ visit: www.scvo.info/scvo-is-recruiting-for-a-growing-participation-and-volunteering-mentor/